Scott Horton is the author of Fool's Errand: Time to End the War in Afghanistan and the host of the indispensable foreign policy radio program and podcast The Scott Horton Show. Since 2003, he has conducted more than 4,500 interviews with journalists, politicians, former military leaders, lawyers and experts on foreign policy and war.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- "Yemen's Former President Ali Abdullah Saleh Killed in Sanaa," by Hakim Almasmari, Tamara Qiblawi, Hilary Clarke and Ruth Hetherington
- Scott Horton Interviews Clair Manera on the Cholera Epidemic in Yemen
- United Nations Definition of Genocide
- "Quiet Support for Saudis Entangles U.S. in Yemen," by Mark Mazzetti and Eric Schmitt (New York Times)
- Obama Administration admits Iran told Houthis not to take Yemeni Capital (Huffington Post)
- "A Young Prince May Cost Syria and Yemen Dear," by Patrick Cockburn
- "The Houthis Are Not Hezbollah," by Joost Hiltermann and April Longley Alley
- "CIA Chief Pompeo Says He Warned Iran's Soleimani over Iraq Aggression," (Reuters)
- Ron Paul on "Letters of Marque and Reprisal"
- Genesis: Truman, American Jews, and the Origins of the Arab/Israeli Conflict, by John B. Judis
- Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare, by Gareth Porter
- Day Of Deceit: The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor, by Robert Stinnett
- "James Mattis’ 33-Year Grudge Against Iran," by Mark Perry
- U.S. Ambassador to Yemen Matthew Tueller Says, "'We don't have leverage.' Why the US Can't Stop the Yemen War.," by Stephen Snyder
- "A Canadian Reporter Smuggles Himself into Yemen to See the War First Hand," by Stephen Snyder
- "Israel and the United States" - Speech by Henry kissenger to the American Jewish Congress in Washington, DC (April 4th, 1976)
- "‘NYT’ Says Bush I’s Opposition to Israeli Settlements Cost Him His Job," by Philip Weiss
- "30 Years Ago, Neocons Were More Candid About Their Israel-Centered Views," by Philip Weiss
- Veterans for Peace
- Away carry-ons and suitcases could be the perfect holiday gift. They come with a lifetime guarantee and 100-day trial. They come in various sizes, they're easy to carry, and with many different colors to choose from they can bring a smile to every person on your list. You can even grab an Away gift card if you can’t make up your mind. Take $20 off a suitcase at AwayTravel.com/renegade when you use promo code "renegade" at checkout.
- HelloFresh is a flexible and convenient meal kit, that shops, plans, and delivers your favorite step-by-step recipes and pre-measured ingredients so you can just cook, eat, and enjoy. For $30 off your first week of HelloFresh, visit HelloFresh.com and enter promo code "UNREGISTERED30" at checkout.