Gustavo Arellano is the former publisher and editor of Orange County's alternative weekly OC Weekly. His nationally syndicated column ¡Ask a Mexican! has won numerous awards, including the 2006 and 2008 Best Non-Political Column in a large-circulation weekly from the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies and the 2007 Presidents Award from the Los Angeles Press Club.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- ¡Ask a Mexican! by Gustavo Arellano
- Orange County: A Personal History, by Gustavo Arellano
- Out Of The Jungle: Jimmy Hoffa And The Remaking Of The American Working Class, by Thaddeus Russell
- "Downtown Santa Ana Now Has No Mexican Beer Bars Left, Marking End of an Era," by Gustavo Arellano
- Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 (wiki)
- Taco USA: How Mexican Food Conquered America, by Gustavo Arellano
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking, by Julia Child
- HelloFresh is a flexible and convenient meal kit, that shops, plans, and delivers your favorite step-by-step recipes and pre-measured ingredients so you can just cook, eat, and enjoy. For $30 off your first week of HelloFresh, visit HelloFresh.com and enter promo code "UNREGISTERED30" at checkout.