Recently I've been re-thinking some of my core ideas about race, a subject I've been studying and writing about for more than 30 years. This is largely because of conversations I've been having with Kmele Foster. He is the former co-host of The Independents, the co-founder and lead producer of FreeThink Media, the host of my second-favorite podcast, The Fifth Column, and one of the most original and important public intellectuals you will hear.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Thaddeus Russell, "Don't Like Militarized Police and Mass Incarceration? Blame Progressivism"
- Zora Neale Hurston, Dust Tracks on a Road
- Barbara Jeanne Fields, "Slavery, Race, and Ideology"
- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia
- Michael Levin, How Philosophical Errors Impede Freedom
- Michael Levin, Why Race Matters
- Elizabeth Lasch-Quinn, Race Experts: How Racial Etiquette, Sensitivity Training, and New Age Therapy Hijacked the Civil Rights Revolution
- Mediate, "This Thoughtful FBN Segment on Racism Might Break the Record for Most N-Bombs Dropped on Cable News"
- Frame 394
- James Baldwin, "Letter From a Region in My Mind"
The Unregistered theme music was produced by Clint Partie. Check out his new album, Partie Down, featuring some of the top rappers from the Pacific Northwest.
The Unregistered cover art was created by Flatland studio.
Our audio engineer is Gabriel Montgomery.