When this interview took place, Laura Kipnis was under a Title IX investigation by her university and being sued in civil court for publishing her book, Unwanted Advances: Sexual Paranoia Comes to Campus, a critique of the sexual "McCarthyism" at American universities and the "blatantly paternalistic" feminism that drives it. Kipnis is a professor of media studies at Northwestern University and the author of five other books, including Against Love: A Polemic; Men: Notes from an Ongoing Investigation; and Bound and Gagged: Pornography and the Politics of Fantasy in America.
- Today's show is brought to you by Mack Weldon, For 20% off your order, visit mackweldon.com and use Promo code "UTR" .
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Unwanted Advances: Sexual Paranoia Comes to Campus, by Laura Kipnis
- Bound and Gagged: Pornography and the Politics of Fantasy in America, by Laura Kipnis
- "My Mother Liked to Fuck," by Joan Nestle
- Pornography: Men Possessing Women, by Andrea Dworkin